‘Tis the season for holiday dinners + cocktail parties! We recently gathered together a group of our closest New York City pals for a Friendsgiving to celebrate this festive time of year, as well as all the new holiday product that’s in-stores + online at westelm.com this season – and boy did we have a fun time doing it! Our team of creatives transformed this modern Tribeca loft into a space fit for a 20+ person dinner, including a cocktail hour hosted by our drink guru Elliott Clark of Apartment Bartender.
Yes, putting together a gathering of this size is no small feat – trust us. We’ve rounded up a few key tips to help keep the stress low and the party goers enjoying themselves throughout the evening.
1. Push multiple tables together to create one large dining space. For our Friendsgiving we used three of the Anderson Wood Dining Tables in Caramel. Since our dinner was served family style, we knew we wanted something that would work easily with passing food throughout the evening. We found this to be the perfect amount of table space needed for a party of our size.
2. Mix + match your dinnerware. It’s all about variery. We used three colors of our Kaloh Dinnerware – Black, Turquoise + Amber.
3. Keep your guests entertained while waiting for everyone to arrive. We suggest having a few simple games placed throughout your space, like Dominos! It’s a good way to get your guests mingling and moving to other areas in your home, as we know the kitchen area can easily get very crowded.
4. Have a signature drink. Keep your guests happy and thoroughly watered with an ever-flowing signature cocktail. Here’s a recipe Vanilla Bean Punch from Apartment Bartender that our guests loved!
5. Send guests home with an ornament. At the end of the night, we let our party-goers each pick their favorite ornament from the Christmas tree. What better way for your friends to remember a fun evening than with a special treasure they can bring out at the holidays for many years to come.