An entryway is one of the most traversed spots in your home—it’s a first impression for guests and the place that you get ready to take on the day. For a place of such importance, it rarely gets the special treatment it deserves, especially in apartments and small homes where space is at a premium. However, with a few space-saving tips, you can transform a small entryway into a workhorse, one that looks great and leaves you ready to take on the world. Here’s how!
1. When you don’t have a lot of horizontal space to work with, go vertical! Install shelves or bring in a shelving unit to stack your items high. We’re obsessed with using our Audrey Narrow Storage Bookcase for this purpose.
2. Keep your keys + mail corralled and off the floor with some well-placed trays and dishes. We used our Acrylic Trays to carry mail and magazines + ceramic trinket dishes from LOCAL maker A MANO as a spot for our keys and loose change.
3. A mirror is an entryway must (nobody wants to leave their apartment with messy hair), but sometimes there isn’t space for a full-length version. We opted for a stylish Marble Vanity Mirror.
4. A glance at the clock when you’re leaving will help to keep you on time. We chose a charming alarm clock for its space-saving, cordless functionality.
5. Don’t forget a light! Hallways can be dark places and the last thing you want to do when you’re leaving is tripping over things. Cast a nice glow with a table lamp on a high shelf. We used our Concrete Nova Table Lamp.
6. Your hooks can go vertical, too! Cut down on space big-time by rotating your hooks 90-degrees and hanging items one on top of the other rather than side-by-side. We used our Deco Marble Multi Hooks.
7. Need to brighten up a dark corner? Art is always a good idea! We’re currently crushing on these limited edition paintings by LOCAL maker Ashley Mary.
8. A place to sit down to put on your shoes might seem like something enjoyed only by big-entryway folks, but apartment-dwellers can also partake in this luxury by using a small stool! We chose our versatile Martini Table for this purpose!
9. A little extra storage goes a long way. Another reason we love our Audrey Narrow Storage Bookcase? The bottom cabinet, perfect for storing shoes, boots, scarves, and gloves!
10. Don’t forget the doormat! Make guests feel immediately at home (and keep your floors clean) with a friendly welcome mat!