Hey yo! It’s Gab from Artful Desperado. I am pretty excited to share with you a recipe that’s the equivalent of summer on a stick: S’mores Popsicles! These pops are perfect for your next summer party or for a weekend dinner.
This recipe makes a super fudgy chocolate popsicle that’s loaded with chocolate, combined with dark chocolate and graham crumbs, and topped off with a fluffy meringue. Why meringue? A: it’s less sweet than marshmallow cream, and way easier to make and handle with the pops (marshmallow cream is quite thick). You can totally play around with other toppings and add other things on top of the graham crackers, like chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
Trust me, your friends will devour these treats! Now let’s go make a batch, shall we?
Makes 10 popsicles
For the popsicles
2 cans full fat coconut milk
1 shot of espresso
⅓ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup
1 pinch of salt
For the toppings
1 box graham crackers
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 large eggs, whites only
½ cup icing sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of tartar
1. Place all of the popsicle ingredients in a pot over medium heat and warm the mix until chocolate melts (don’t simmer or boil). Remove from the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
2. Prepare your popsicle molds (make sure to soak the wooden sticks in warm water for a few minutes). Pour the cool chocolate mix into the popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
3. Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until they crumble. Set aside.
4. In a double boiler (water simmering in a pot with a bowl on top), melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Once melted, turn the heat off and leave the bowl over the pot so it stays warm.
5. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar on high speed until you reach stiff peaks, then slowly add the sugar, then the vanilla, and whip for another minute or so until nice and glossy.
To make the popsicles:
Take the popsicles out of their mold. Drizzle with the melted chocolate, then sprinkle the crumbled graham crackers, dip or scoop the meringue on top of the popsicle, torch and you’re done! EAT! Eat them all!!