If you are the sort of person who makes New Year’s resolutions, “getting organized” is likely near the top of your list. When taking stock of your organizing arsenal, it’s always good to start with the basics—baskets, trays, shelving—but sometimes brilliance lies in unexpected places. From keeping your periodicals in order to organizing your shoes in a surprisingly chic way, we’ve found that curtain rods can do double-duty as the perfect tools for organization. Check out 5 new ways to use these them below!
1. Keeping your magazines in-line. Love your magazines and newspapers, but feeling overwhelmed by the stacks of them sitting on your coffee table? Grab a curtain rod and string them up with curtain rings for an attractive display.
2. Think outside the crock. Keep all of your kitchen essentials on-hand with an industrial-style curtain rod hung above your counter. Using S-hooks and clips, you can hang everything from your favorite skillet to dishtowels.
3. A gift-wrapping station. Get your ribbons and twine out of the junk drawer and into a place where you can actually use them! Added bonus: you can place a roll of craft paper or your favorite gift wrap alongside them.
4. The perfect home for your shoes. Lots of shoes and nowhere to store them? Give them a new home that is pretty enough to be outside of the closet by using a luxe curtain rod.
5. Corral your cleaning supplies. If you’re short on closet space or just want to keep your house-cleaning essentials on-hand, you can turn to—you guessed it—a curtain rod! The perfect form for holding a roll of paper towels, you can also utilize S-hooks to hang brooms, dustpans, and a bottle of all-purpose cleaner.