Seeing as breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it seems only right that it should be uber tasty right? Thanks to this baked oatmeal recipe by Two Red Bowls, all your mornings are going to be filled with joy. Want to shop the look? Just click the links in the pic!
Poached Pear Baked Oatmeal
“This is a recipe I’ve had on repeat since fall began, and probably one I’ll be doing until spring is in full swing. It’s everything I want from a cold-weather breakfast, easy to make, easy to pack, warm and comforting but still nourishing. It’s also my favorite way to use leftover poached pears (you can find my favorite recipe here), but if you don’t have the time to poach the pears beforehand, you can always just use fresh diced pears. In that case, simply increase the milk to 2 cups even, and increase the brown sugar to ¼ cup.”
2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
⅛ tsp nutmeg
⅛ tsp cloves
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 ¾ cup whole milk (or non-dairy milk of choice — any will work!)
¼ cup poached pear syrup (from this recipe)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup diced poached pears (from this recipe), plus more for topping if desired
Poached pear syrup or maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 8×8-inch baking dish, mix together oats, spices, baking powder, and salt until well-combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, vanilla, eggs, poached pear syrup, and brown sugar. Pour the wet ingredients into the skillet and stir until evenly moistened.
3. Scatter the poached pears evenly across the mixture and stir again to incorporate. If you like, layer slices of poached pear on top.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden on the edges. Oatmeal should still be soft in the center when removed but will set as it cools.
5. Serve with Greek yogurt and extra poached pear syrup or maple syrup.
Cynthia & her husband (Bowl #1 & Bowl #2 aka The Two Red Bowls) concoct delicious recipes out of their teeny kitchen in their Brooklyn apartment. Check ’em out on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.