If you’ve flipped through our November catalog, you might have noticed a few rooms sporting this snazzy silver and blush-toned paint job. Although this ultra glam look might look difficult to achieve, it’s a project that can easily be completed in one day! To give you the lowdown on getting this look, we had our pals at the west elm photo studio share their step-by-step tips for this festive wall.
A spray bottle with water
A paint brush
1. Create a clean and uniform surface. It’s easiest to start with a clean white wall.
2. Begin with the first base color—black. Depending on your desired ratio of pink to silver to black, start applying the black in one of the corners with light brush strokes. It helps to use a spray bottle with water to even out the paint. A small amount of water will allow you to spread the paint around more evenly and create the desired texture. As you brush on the paint, apply a small amount of water every few strokes.
3. Allow the black section to dry completely. Then begin to apply pink paint to the center of the wall surface. Use the water to help blend it into the other colors, creating a soft edge between them. Cover as much of the surface as you like with the pink paint.
4. After the pink has dried, begin to apply silver to the opposite corner of the black paint.
5. After all of the layers have dried, you can begin blending the colors together. First, with a wet brush or water bottle, begin spreading the pink paint into the other colors. If you want a blended border, you can also use the other color to mix back into the pink paint. Again, a water bottle will help with this step. Continue slowly blending the colors together across your surface until you have the ratio you desire.