Last time we checked in with Fenway Journal editor Chelsea Jenney O’Leary, she was giving us tips for unplugging at home. This fall, though, we found her nurturing her darker side — with a creepy-crawly Halloween cocktail soiree at her Nashville home. With bourbon cocktails served atop an antique printing press and served alongside a playful dollop of doom-and-gloom, this is a Southern Gothic take on autumn festivities. Nab Chelsea’s Halloween look + learn how to make her Rhubarb Tennessee Mule below! – Shop our full Halloween assortment.
Rhubarb Tennessee Mule
Bourbon: 1 ½-2 ounces
Ginger Beer: 3-4 ounces
Angostura Bitters: 1-2 dashes
Rhubarb Syrup: 1 tablespoon
1. Coat a glass in Herbsaint and pour out the remainder. (This is primarily for the smell.)
2. Combine bourbon, rhubarb syrup, and bitters into a shaker. Shake with ice.
3. Pour into glass. Add one large ice cube and ginger beer.
4. Garnish with lime (or garnish of your choice). Serve.
5. Have a Happy Halloween! Cheers!
Featured product: Skull Canape Plate // Brass Pumpkins // Marble Box With Brass Raven Skull // X-Ray Glassware // Decorated Hobstar Glassware // Whiskey Bottle with Wooden Stopper // Chulucanas Vase // Belgian Linen Napkins