The Hemingway Getaway — an orange blossom twist on a classic Hemingway Dauquiri! Gabriel Cabrera, The Artful Desperado, was inspired by Ernest Hemingway’s home in Havana when he mixed this white rum + citrus drink.
“The inspiration for the cocktail and the styling came from Hemingway’s home in Havana — which was full of amazing treasures and tropical plants. The lighting in this house is beautiful and totally dreamy, worthy of a novel.” — Gabriel Cabrera
Hemingway Daiquiri Cocktail
1 ½ oz white rum
½ oz maraschino liqueur
1 ½ oz orange blossom grapefruit reduction (see recipe below)
½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
Fresh or candied cherries and sliced limes for garnish
1. Shake all ingredients and strain into a small cocktail glass.
2. Garnish with a bing cherry and lime slice.
Orange Blossom Grapefruit Reduction
2 cups grapefruit juice
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon orange blossom water
1. Place grapefruit juice and sugar in a heavy-bottom pan over medium heat.
2. Let the sugar dissolve completely and let the mix reduce for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add orange blossom water, stir, and cool completely before using.