We have been huge fans of Molly Yeh for quite some time now, so we were thrilled when she agreed to collaborate with us to create fun breakfast recipes for the fast-approaching holiday hosting season.
Molly’s Cranberry Cronbread Parfaits turn leftovers into a genius post-holiday feast breakfast for your guests!
“Talk about a perfect way to use up leftover cornbread and cranberry sauce from your big feast. Feel free to take any liberties you’d like with this and add any fruits, jams, or other fun mix-ins. I like using plain unsweetened yogurt for this since the cranberry sauce and cornbread add enough flavor, but if you’ve got a major sweet tooth, then by all means, use whichever flavored yogurt you’d like!” – Molly Yeh
Cranberry Cornbread Parfait
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup cranberry sauce
1 qt plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 9-by-13 baking dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, egg, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes,
until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Let cool. (This can be made the night before and cooled overnight.) Use your hands to crumble the corn bread into coarse pieces. Fill up four jars with layers of cornbread crumbles, yogurt, cranberry sauce, and sprinkles, if using. Serve immediately.
Molly Yeh recently moved from Brooklyn to a sugar beet farm outside of Grand Forks, North Dakota. She shares recipes, bits about farm life, and tales from adventures near and far on her blog my name is yeh. You can follow Molly on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.