Working from home has its perks, but it isn’t easy! You need to have discipline + office space + and the ability to be your own boss.
If you’ve ever daydreamed about starting a business out of your apartment, the best thing you can do is to learn from the people who have done it before, like Juley Le of Upperlyne & Co.
Juley left the corporate world pursue her dreams as a creative consultant + food editor at The Everygirl. Now she lives in New Orleans and works from home her newly revamped office space.
Read on for Juley’s 7 hard-learned tips for working from home, and to see her office transformation. These simple changes can make anyone’s day more productive, even if you’re not your own boss… yet.
1. “Keep your workspace inspiring but not cluttered. A cluttered space makes me want to organize when I should be working, but a clean environment welcomes new ideas!”
2. “Many of my corporate habits have transferred to my home office. I still make sure to prepare my breakfasts and lunches in the morning so that I don’t spend time cooking and cleaning up during the day.”
3. “My office revamp has made it significantly easier to get work done. I’d highly recommend allocating a small area of your home to your office so when you’re in that space your mind can click on. It can be as simple as a small Parsons Desk or a designated room like mine. But give your work the respect it deserves and you’ll be amazed at how productive you can be.”
4. “When I worked in IT, we used Work In Progress (WIP) boards to gain insight on incoming work and keep track of our progress. It’s a simple graphic organizer you can create on a board or a notepad to help you stay productive and motivated!”
5. “GChat is a wonderful communication tool, but I can get easily distracted by conversations with my friends so I make sure to limit my chat times (with GChat, Instagram, and texts) throughout the day.”
6. “Let yourself go to a coffee shop once a week to get inspired and to conduct face-to-face meetings.”
7. “Tidy up your workspace at the end of each day so the following day starts off fresh and you can get right to business.”
SHOP OFFICE FURNITURE