Are you ready to enjoy the final days of summer?
It’s going to be hot out there but we’ve got a cool antidote: Carmelized Banana Bourbon Milkshakes by Jessica Merchant of How Sweet Eats!
Jessica tops this boozy milkshake with crispy + gooey caramelized bananas, and takes it to another level of day-drinking-decadence.
Read on for her recipe + enjoy this weekend!
Caramelized Banana Bourbon Milkshakes
- 2 ripe fresh bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving
1. To caremlize the fresh sliced bananas, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Place the bananas in the skillet ands sprinkle the salt and sugar on top. Flip the bananas to distribute the sugar. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bananas caramelized and turn golden, flipping once during cook time. Turn off the heat.
2. Add the ice cream, frozen bananas, milk, bourbon and vanilla extract to the blender. Add the caramelized bananas, reserving a few slices to top the milkshake with. Blend until combined.
3. Pour the milkshakes into two glasses, and top with a generous swirl of whipped cream. Add a slice of two of caramelized banana on top.
Want more recipes + home inspiration? Add Front + Main to your RSS feed!
Jessica Merchant is the founder of How Sweet Eats, where she shares her love for creating playful recipes for everyone. Jessica’s first cookbook, Seriously Delish, officially launches this September and is available for pre-order. You can follow her on Instagram + Twitter + Pinterest + Facebook.
SHOP KITCHEN + DINING