Boozy milkshakes have boomed in popularity, but some people are still confused about the entire concept…
1) On hot summer nights, do you like to sit outside on your porch / stoop / balcony / fire escape?
2) Are you over 21 and love dessert?
3) Have you ever enjoyed sleeping-in late and drinking a cocktail with brunch?
4) Do you believe in the healing power of ice cream + candied almonds?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then you owe it to yourself to make this Toasted Almond Amaretto Milkshakes recipe by Jessica Merchant of How Sweet Eats!
Toasted Almond Amaretto Milkshakes
½ cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups toasted almond fudge ice cream
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup amaretto liqueur
1 teaspoon almond extract
Whipped cream for serving
1. To make your candied almonds, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Add the almonds and sugar, tossing to coat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and the almonds turn golden. Remove the almonds from the skillet and place them on a sheet of wax or parchment paper to cool completely and harden. When cool, break the almonds apart into pieces.
2. Add the ice cream, milk, amaretto, almond extract and half of the toasted candied almonds to a blender and blend until combined.
3. Pour into two glasses and top with a generous swirl of whipped cream. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.
Want more recipes + home inspiration? Add Front + Main to your RSS feed!
Jessica Merchant is the founder of How Sweet Eats, where she shares her love for creating playful recipes for everyone. Jessica’s first cookbook, Seriously Delish, officially launches this September and is available for pre-order. You can follow her on Instagram + Twitter + Pinterest + Facebook.
SHOP KITCHEN + DINING
Photos: Jessica Merchant