We collaborated with Josh Williams and Eric Prum of Brooklyn workshop W&P Design to distill their retro-southern meets New York-industrialist sensibility into a new Mason jar-inspired collection for your bar. Now, to add some “spirit” to the collection, W&P Design shares some of their favorite southern-inspired cocktail recipes, including this one for the Bitter Southerner…
The frigid northern winter is enough to make any southerner a little bitter. To get us through to the returning warm weather, we pair that bitterness with weekend brunch and this mid-winter cocktail.
- 2 shots of Campari
- 6 shots of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 bottle of good IPA
- 2 strips grapefruit zest for garnish
- Add the Campari and grapefruit juice to the Mason Shaker.
- Add ice to just above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain mixture into pint glasses and fill with the IPA.
- Garnish with a strip of grapefruit zest.