This spiced (and spiked!) cider from Diana Yen of the Jewels of New York is a cool version of a fall favorite. Serve it up at a seasonal soirée — or in the kitchen while the turkey’s roasting in the oven…
Spiced Bourbon Cider
- 5 cups apple cider
- 2½ cups Bourbon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 knob of ginger (about 2 inches), sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2½ cups ice, plus more for serving
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- bitters (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine apple cider, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat. Let the cider steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Strain the cider into a container and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- To make two cocktails at a time in a cocktail shaker or a pint glass: add ½ cup ice, ½ cup bourbon, 1 cup cider, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Shake well.
- Using a cocktail strainer or small sieve, strain the liquid over ice into your favorite drinking glass.
- Finish each glass with a dash of your favorite bitters.
SHOP COOK + SERVE WARE