It’s hard not to love oatmeal cookies, especially if they’re studded with coconut, dried blueberries and dark chocolate. These cookies are soft in the middle and crisp on the edges, just the way oatmeal cookies should be!
This recipe from Stephanie Le of I am a Food Blog is the perfect way to end your next summer picnic outing.
Read on for Stephanie’s Blueberry Coconut Dark Chocolate Cookies and click here to see the rest of her summer picnic spread.
“Tip: These will also make excellent bases for some decadent s’mores.” – Stephanie Le
Blueberry Coconut Dark Chocolate Cookies
Makes 9 large cookies.
½ cup butter at room temperature
⅓ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 large egg
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
½ + ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
⅓ cup shredded coconut
⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks
⅓ cup dried blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Beat in the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add in the rolled oats, coconut, chocolate and blueberries. Stir until combined.
4. Form the dough into 1/4 cup balls. Place the cookie balls on the prepared baking sheet and lightly flatten. Make sure the cookies are well spaced as they will spread. Bake until golden brown and just set in the center, about 14-16 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and cool for five minutes on the sheet then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Want more? Subscribe to Front + Main!
Stephanie Le blogs at I am a Food Blog, where she cooks and photographs up a storm. She recently won Saveur Magazine’s Editors’ Choice for Best Cooking Blog and her first cookbook, Easy Gourmet (available for preorder here), will be released in September. You can follow Stephanie on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.