This simple + delicious pasta dish is the perfect sharing platter for Spring entertaining – Grilled Asparagus Casarecce with Sugar Snap Peas and Ricotta by Top With Cinnamon.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups (200 grams) Casarecce pasta (Penne, Farfalle or Fusilli will work too)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- salt for seasoning
- 7 oz (200 grams) asparagus (bend each stalk until it snaps to remove the woody ends)
- 7 oz (200 grams) sugar snap peas
- 4 oz (110 grams) ricotta cheese
What You Do
In a large pot of well-salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al-dente (according to the directions on the pasta packet). Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and toss with the olive oil, chopped basil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt, to taste, and set the pasta aside.
This step can be done while the pasta is cooking: In a griddle pan, cook the asparagus spears over a high heat for a few minutes – turning them over using kitchen tongs – until tender and slightly charred. Thinly slice the sugar snap peas length-ways into strips.
In a large serving bowl, arrange the pasta, grilled asparagus and sliced sugar snap peas. Dot with spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Izy Hossack is an 18 year old, London-based food blogger who grew up learning to cook from her American-Italian mum’s hand-written, family recipes. She’s just completed her first cookbook, which is due out later this year. Her blog has just been nominated for Best Baking + Dessert blog in SAVEUR’s Best Food Blog Awards – vote for her here and don’t forget to check her out on Instagram, Twitter,Pinterest and Facebook.
Check out Izy’s other recipes on Front + Main here.