8 Ways To Style Throws at Home by Christina Loucks
Blogger and stylist Christina Loucks shares 8 different options for using throw blankets to style your home this season and to create that elsuive feeling of Hygge – a Danish concept loosely defined as “peace of mind, warmth, and unhurry” – with images from photographer Heidi Geldhauser. There’s more than one way to use a throw!
1. Tossing a throw over the back of a wood or leather chair adds a warm textural contrast, and creates the perfect setting for relaxing and slowly starting your day.
2. Throws are great fun for little ones and adults alike! Toss one over a piece of furniture to make a tent, or tie dowels together to create a tee-pee like I did here.
3. If you have hard floors, layers of throws and pillows creates the perfect setting to plop yourself down. Maybe it’s just me as mom of a toddler – but I dream about this all the time!
4. Layering groups of throws against different textures, patterns and fabrics creates a new mood for your bedroom, patio, or anyplace in your home where blankets might come in handy.
5. You can make art from anything! And hanging throws from your wall is an unconventional – but practical – way to create a nice little scene in any space.
6. Throws don’t need to just be for your furniture. Using soft + textural throws as little area rugs is a practical and inexpensive way to create a cozy spot.
7. Set the stage for cozy outdoor eating by using a throw as an impromptu table covering.
8. With blankets this pretty, don’t hide them in your closet! Think of creative ways to store your throws that makes them a focal point, instead.
Christina Loucks is an Atlanta-based blogger + stylist who shares her modern sensibilities on her eponymous blog and also on Neutral Hue. You can follow and get inspired by Christina on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
SHOP THE LOOK
Photos: Heidi Geldhauser