The holiday entertaining season is almost here! It’s time for you – and your dining room – to get prepared. We asked Laura Wilson, our Philadelphia store’s Home Stylist, to share some decorating tips and tricks for this season and beyond.
• My favorite trick is using incandescent bulbs – since they emit a mixture of both heat and light, the effect creates a softer, more natural glow. It works every time!
• Add a rug with a geometric pattern to any industrial space, and you layer-in an exciting visual dimension that contrasts particularly well with solid, cool surfaces.
• Using natural decorative accents – like this tree branch – is an easy way to add a seasonal touch to your home. Hanging some Mercury Glass Ornaments would be a great way to transition this space into an even more festive holiday atmosphere.
• Nothing complements golds and bronzes like deep winter blues.
• Seasonal decorating is all in the details. Touches like white feathers in a vase and a row of poinsettias on the mantle create a warm, natural feel in the dead of winter.
• Painting your fireplace a shade darker than the rest of the room adds a welcome visual layer to any space, and allows your mantle accessories to pop.
Want more design advice and help decorating your home? Ask about our FREE Home Stylist program at your local west elm store!