DIY Neon Dresser by Sonja Rasula
Sonja Rasula — the founder of Unique LA and frequent collaborator at the west elm LA store — shares her simple DIY that starts with a Mid-Century 6-Drawer Dresser and ends with a customized piece of colorful furniture!
TOOLS + SUPPLIES
- white spray paint (or primer)
- neon spray paint
- clear varnish (optional)
- Mid-Century 6-Drawer Dresser
1. Using a screwdriver remove all hardware — both knobs and pulls.
2. Paint the hardware with the primer or white spray paint. This will help make the neon color bright. Let dry.
3. Paint the hardware with the neon paint, let dry and repeat for optimal coverage and brightness.
4. (optional) If you’d prefer a shiny, gloss finish on the knobs and pulls, spray a coat of clear varnish on, and let dry.
5. Replace the painted (dry!) hardware back onto the dresser.
Voila, you’ve now got a custom piece of colorful furniture! The hardware would also look great in pastel paint colors such as mint, lavender or orange blossom.
For more unique finds and DIY projects, check out Sonja’s site Unique USA.
Images: Laure Joliet