Feather Gray Feast by Wedding Chicks: Bourbon Poached Pears + Ice Cream
There’s no time for ice cream like the present, and this sophisticated sundae by Amy Squires of Wedding Chicks takes summertime dessert to another level. This week’s recipe for Bourbon Poached Pears Over Ice Cream is part of an entire Feather Gray feast that Amy styled in honor of our latest color crush…
BOURBON POACHED PEARS OVER ICE CREAM
Nothing says summer like peaches. Add a little Bourbon and vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one heck of treat.
- 1 cup sliced D’Anjou pears
3 tbsp. light brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
¼ cup kentucky Bourbon
2 scoops of your favorite vanilla ice cream!
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
1 Tahitian vanilla bean
1 oz. Valhrona chocolate
1. Halve and scrape one vanilla bean and set aside scrapings.
2. In a metal mixing bowl add heavy cream, vanilla bean scrapings and sugar. Whip vigorously until firm, and place in refrigerator to keep cool.
3. In a large sautee pan, add butter, and pears. Gently stir until pears begin to become soft.
4. Slowly stir in brown sugar and allow pears to soften while taking on the golden color of the brown sugar.
5. Add bourbon and simmer on low heat for approximately 25 minutes until all alcohol has been cooked off.
6. Place pears over vanilla ice cream in bowl, top with a dollop of whipped cream. Shave Valhrona chocolate with microplane as garnish.
Feather Gray is the perfect color to use as a foundation to style your table simply because you can use any pop of color and make it fabulous. We personally love using neutrals as a basis for all of our decor because they are so versatile and make it super easy to change the whole look with a few accent pieces.
SHOP THE LOOK
Photos: Wedding Chicks