Feather Gray Feast by Wedding Chicks: Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
Summer tomatoes are finally here! And Amy Squires of Wedding Chicks knows just what to do with them. This week’s recipe for Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad is part of an entire Feather Gray feast that she styled in honor of our latest color crush…
HEIRLOOM TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD
An ideal summer salad that is simple, light and delicious.
- 3 medium multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, washed and dried
Himalayan pink salt or other fine salt
3 oz fresh mozzarella (1) “Ovaline” size ball
1/8 cup microbasil
Extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes into ¼-inch thick slices. Separately slice and drain the fresh mozzarella into ¼ slices as well.
2. Generously season the tomato slices with salt.
3. Arrange the tomato slices and mozzarella on a plate, overlapping slightly.
4. Drizzle in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and top with Microbasil.
Feather Gray is the perfect color to use as a foundation to style your table simply because you can use any pop of color and make it fabulous. We personally love using neutrals as a basis for all of our decor because they are so versatile and make it super easy to change the whole look with a few accent pieces.
SHOP THE LOOK
Photos: Wedding Chicks