Feather Gray Feast by Wedding Chicks: Mussels + Chorizo
In honor of our latest color crush, Amy Squires of Wedding Chicks styled an entire Feather Gray feast! This week’s recipe: Mussels + Chorizo.
MUSSELS + CHORIZO
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
4 ounces fresh chorizo, removed from casing
1.5 cups chardonnay
3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
½ stick butter (4 oz.)
¼ cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
2 sliced “long bias” cut rustic bread or baguette
1. Heat a dutch oven or other large pot over medium heat and add 2 tbsp. of the olive oil. Cook the onion until translucent and soft, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and chorizo; cook until chorizo is crumbled and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. Stir in the wine, scraping browned bits from bottom of the pot (the natural acid in the wine will assist in de-glazing the pot).
4. Add the mussels, cover, let the mussels steam over high heat for about 2 minutes; stir in butter and salt to taste.
5. While the mussels are cooking, gently brush the additional ½ tbsp. of olive oil on the sliced bread, grill until warm with light grill marks.
6. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Feather Gray is the perfect color to use as a foundation to style your table simply because you can use any pop of color and make it fabulous. We personally love using neutrals as a basis for all of our decor because they are so versatile and make it super easy to change the whole look with a few accent pieces.
SHOP THE LOOK
Photos: Wedding Chicks