Better BBQ by Spoon Fork Bacon: Warm German Fingerling Potato Salad
Jenny Park + Teri Lyn Fisher of Spoon Fork Bacon have shared some simple-but-sophisticated recipes that will enhance any grilling session! Their warm fingerling potato salad elevates the classic BBQ side to another level, and has a lively flavor that nicely balances with grilled meats and other greasy food. Plus it’s pretty much as beautiful as potato salad possibly gets. Take a look!
Warm German Fingerling Potato Salad
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 lbs. fingerling potatoes, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise
1/4 cup whole grain mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons summer savory, minced
2 teaspoons thyme, minced
1/2 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with water. Add a handful of salt to the pot and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender.
2. While potatoes boil, make vinaigrette: Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
3. When potatoes are fork tender, drain. Allow potatoes to cool. When potatoes have cooled, but are still warm to the touch slice in half lengthwise.
4. Place potatoes into a large mixing bowl and top with mustard dressing. Fold together until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh thyme. Serve warm.
Jenny Park + Teri Lyn are the cooks, bloggers, photographers, and food stylists masterminds behind Spoon Fork Bacon. They’ve been known to mix popcorn and donuts with excellent results. You can follow their mouth-watering exploits on Instagram + Facebook, and check out their book, Tiny Food Party!
SHOP THE LOOK
Images: Teri Lyn Fisher