DIY Paper Flower Boutonniere by Michelle Edgemont
Michelle Edgemont is a wedding designer + florist + creative crafter here in Brooklyn. She created this fun DIY boutonniere project with our Paper Flowers that we had to share. See how to make your own at home!
The yellow hellebore boutonniere is made with a pin/clip back. This type of jewelry can be pinned on clothing, clipped to a lapel, or even clipped in your hair. I envision the hellebore would be perfect for a modern, colorful wedding. A few minutes are all it takes to create a wearable piece of art that won’t wilt or dry up!
What You’ll Need
• Hellebore Paper Flowers
• Yellow Felt
• Floral Sheers
• Hot Glue
• Pin/Clip Back
1. Start by cutting the yellow hellebore paper flower off of its stem, pulling off the green paper leaves.
- 2. Cut a circle out of your felt that is slightly larger than the pin/clip back.
- 3. Hot glue the paper leaves that you pulled off of the stem onto the bottom of the paper flower.
- 4. Apply hot glue onto the pin/clip back, and attach the felt circle.
- 5. Apply hot glue onto the felt, and attach your paper flower. That’s it!
Michelle Edgemont is a wedding designer based in Brooklyn, NY. She specializes in custom crafted decorations, flowers, and styling for couples looking to throw conventionality out the window. You can see more projects on Michelle’s blog, and see what inspires her on Pintereset.
SHOP PAPER FLOWERS
Images: brklyn view photography