5 Los Angeles Living Tips from Home Stylist Tyler Crouse
Interior design in sunny Southern California presents its own special set of perks and challenges. That’s why we asked Tyler Crouse, our Los Angeles store’s Home Stylist, to share his personal tips for living well in LA…
1. The biggest challenge in our area is creating character in a modern space. The Crosby Sectional brings lots of comfort with a touch of retro detailing, like its tufted cushions and wingback arms.
2. Color is this easiest way to liven up a space—and it’s something that you can continually change. If you feel a room is too cold or open, try bringing in warmer accents or wall color.
3. I try to push my clients just one step past what they think they’re comfortable with — whether it means adding contrasting colors, utilizing multiple textures or even adding pops of pattern.
4. Make the most out of your home’s natural lighting. Focus on furniture with a lighter footprint. It will obstruct less, and help you take more advantage of the sunshine that you get.
5. Use all of our wonderful resources, including local stores! Rolling Greens is a nursery and garden store that has the most friendly and knowledgeable staff. They’ll answer any questions and you can walk away with something beautiful the same day. Who doesn’t love a plant?
Want more design advice? Ask about our free Home Stylist program at your local west elm!