We collaborated with Josh Williams and Eric Prum of Brooklyn workshop W&P Design to distill their retro-southern meets New York-industrialist sensibility into a new Mason jar-inspired collection for your bar. Now, to add some “spirit” to the collection, W&P Design shares some of their favorite southern-inspired cocktail recipes, including this one for a rum punch…
THE ‘KIDS’ TABLE
As our generation of brothers, sisters, cousins and adopted family members have grown older, the “kids” table at family holiday gatherings has gotten even more raucous (a feat once thought impossible) with the addition of booze to the equation. Raise the decibel level on your next family get-together with this inspired punch, or leave out the rum for a drink you can serve at a real kids’ table.
- 4 shots of good white rum
- 12 fresh cranberries (plus 8 more for garnish)
- 4 slices of fresh ginger (plus 4 more for garnish)
- 8 shots of cranberry juice
- 1 shot of lime juice
- ginger beer
- Add the fresh cranberries and slices of ginger to the Mason Shaker.
- With a wooden spoon, muddle the cranberries and ginger in the bottom of the shaker until thoroughly crushed.
- Add the rum, cranberry juice and lime juice to the Mason Shaker.
- Add ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain mixture into punch glasses containing crushed ice, top with ginger beer and garnish with remaining cranberries.
SHOP BAR + GLASSWARE