Spiced Cherry Cranberry Sauce from Jewels of New York
Cranberry sauce is one of the easiest things to prepare for the Thanksgiving table. This recipe from Diana Yen of the Jewels of New York adds cinnamon, cloves and orange zest to make this sauce smell (and taste) amazing…
Spiced Cherry Cranberry Sauce
makes 4 cups
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and water over medium heat.
- Stir and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and cherries to the pot. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until the cranberries begin to pop.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes longer until thickened.
- Stir in the orange zest and juice.
- Serve alongside the roasted turkey.
SHOP COOK + SERVE WARE
• Recipe: Leek Bread Pudding with Crispy Wild Mushrooms
• Recipe: Pear + Apple + Ginger Crumble with Cinnamon Ice Cream
• Recipe: Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
• Recipe: Haricots Verts with Crispy Shallots
• Recipe: Spiced Bourbon Cider
• west elm | Gather Together
• Jewels of New York Kitchen Essentials