Pear + Apple + Ginger Crumble with Cinnamon Ice Cream from Jewels of New York
Nothing beats a warm homemade crumble served alongside a sweet scoop of ice cream. This quick crumble recipe from Diana Yen of the Jewels of New York is a easy crowd-pleaser and pairs just as well with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon!<--more-->
Pear + Apple + Ginger Crumble with Cinnamon Ice Cream
Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 4 large egg yolks
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract along with vanilla bean seeds over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. In a slow stream, gradually add the hot cream mixture to the eggs, stirring constantly to incorporate.
- Once well combined, transfer the custard back to the saucepan and continue to cook over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir continuously.
- Strain the custard into a container and let it cool before tranferring to the fridge. Once the mixture is chilled, pour into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze until firm.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and cut into ½ inch thick cubes
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½ inch thick cubes
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, almonds, ½ cup of sugar, ginger, salt and butter. Mix until large crumbs form.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, toss the pears, apples, cranberries, ginger, lemon zest and vanilla with the remainder of the sugar and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle the oat crumble over the fruit and bake until the topping is browned and juices are bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Serve with cinnamon ice cream.
SHOP COOK + SERVE WARE
• Recipe: Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
• Recipe: Haricots Verts with Crispy Shallots
• Recipe: Spiced Bourbon Cider
• west elm | Gather Together
• Jewels of New York Kitchen Essentials