The perfect snack or hors d’œuvre! These toasty crostinis from Diana Yen of the Jewels of New York combine the amazing flavors of salty prosciutto, creamy blue cheese, crisp apple and sweet honey…
Prosciutto + Apple + Blue Cheese + Honey Crostini
- 1 baguette, cut diagonally into ½-inch-thick slices
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- ¾ pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- ¾ pound blue cheese
- ½ apple, thinly shaved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and toast in oven until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, set aside, and allow crostinis to cool.
- Fold the prosciutto and place on top of the crostinis. Follow with the shaved apple, walnuts, then drizzle with honey.
- Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
• Recipe: Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
• Recipe: Haricots Verts with Crispy Shallots
• Recipe: Spiced Bourbon Cider
• west elm | Gather Together
• Jewels of New York Kitchen Essentials