Camille Styles of CamilleStyles.com
Yes, her real name is Camille Styles! The Austin, Texas based stylist and event planner shares her inspirations and ideas on her blog CamilleStyles.com. Whether you are planning an intimate luncheon or high profile blow-out birthday bash, Camille Styles and her team are keen to the latest styles, color combinations, recipes and inspiring resources to help you give your own parties a personal touch.
Camille Styles is a personal blog — but it’s also your business. You post about your business and your own home and
projects, your inspiration and your style influences — how would you describe your passions and how do you stay inspired to blog?
I originally launched my blog as a way to promote my event planning business, but soon began to realize that it’s blogging that’s actually my true passion! The ability to create fresh content and inspire readers around the globe is a dream come true for me. As CamilleStyles.com has grown into the central focus of my company, it’s become a place that’s accessible for everyone who loves to entertain stylishly. My core mission is to help readers discover that throwing parties isn’t about impressing guests or doing things the “right” way…it’s about having fun!
How would you describe the style of Camille Styles?
From my wardrobe to my home to my parties, my style is modern, relaxed and serene…but always with a creative twist.
What are your favorite tools for pulling together a party/event?
• CHECKLISTS I always keep three lists for every party stored on my computer: a master to-do list, shopping list and budget.
• SIDE TABLES Always give guests a place to perch their drinks while they’re conversing. I own multiples of West Elm’s Aluminum Hexagon Side Tables and Rustic Block Side Tables that I move around in all different kinds of configurations.
• 2 DISHWASHERS It’s a bit of a luxury, but when it’s midnight and guests are leaving, there’s nothing better than being able to load up all of the dishes and go to bed!
What are your favorite tools for blogging?
Could you give an example of a Camille Styles post that surprised you — either by being crazy-popular, crazy polarizing or surprisingly lame?
Ever since moving into my new house 5 months ago, I continue to be shocked at how much readers love anything I post about my house. The post where I shared photos of my home office was crazy-popular. It’s so fun to discover that readers are interested in seeing such an intimate glimpse into my real everyday life!
One of the exciting things about blogging is getting reader feedback in the form of comments and email — do you have a favorite example of some of the feedback you receive?
I love it when readers leave comments with specific requests for posts topics they’d like to see. I’ve based tons of Tuesday Tastings off of recipes that readers have requested!
What are your favorite sources of inspiration? Blogs, books, artists, etc.
This is a tough one, because as cliché as it sounds, I really do discover inspiration everywhere! A few of my go-to sources that never let me down:
• This is Glamorous: Roséline always manages to find the most gorgeous images I’ve ever seen. Her daily posts leave me breathless.
• Oh Happy Day!: I’m a huge fan of Jordan’s whimsical, creative approach to parties and crafts. Her projects are always simple, and always genius.
• Sunday Suppers: One of my favorite photographers & food stylists, Karen Mordechai, heads up this cooking class experience. Each post is brimming with the most brilliant, seasonal food that makes me want to head to the nearest farmer’s market and start cooking.
• The Selby Is in Your Place: a voyeuristic look into the homes of some of the most creative, interesting people on the planet.
• Annie Leibovitz Photographs 1970-1990: Leafing through page after page of her portraits never fails to inspire creativity.
• Food Fashion Friends: Fleur Wood is an Australian fashion designer who has one of the most innovative approach to parties I’ve ever seen. Her entertaining concepts always spark new ideas when I’m feeling stuck.
And of course, travel is always the time when I gain the most inspiration. Walking the streets of a new city, observing the architecture, fashion and culture, is a surefire way to help me think creatively. Especially if that city happens to be Paris, Rome or Barcelona.
Dream Project: What project have you wanted to do but continue to put off?
Honestly, I can’t think of anything! I do tend to seize the moment and go for it if there’s something I really want in life, and so far, that spirit has served me well!
What has blogging done for you? What doors has social media opened in your favor?
Wow. Blogging and social media have opened up more than I could have ever dreamed! Not only did blogging pave the way for me to truly live my passion every day; it forged new friendships with other bloggers and readers all over the world that I never would have had otherwise. The incredibly creative, talented people I’ve met through this adventure are really my biggest inspiration of all.
Thanks so much for having me!!
You can see updates from Camille and her team on CamilleStyles.com.
Images: all via CamilleStyles/a>